Welcome to my blog

I was born in Guernsey (but now live in Brittany) and our main industry was growing tomatoes although that industry has now virtually disappeared. Growing tomatoes to a Guernseyman is like wine to a Frenchman, it's in our blood! I do not profess to be an expert, but I have picked up a few tips and techniques which work for me.
PLEASE NOTE due to ill health I have not kept up with this blog, however there is still a lot of information to look at from over the past few years. I will add the odd new post but some videos are missing from old post, I will re-create these one day.


Sunday, 20 November 2011

Horses in the snow

This fine weather we are having here in Brittany made me think about the snow we had this time last year. The previous year we had three heavy snowfalls. However, our girls seemed to enjoy the snow and luckily we caught them on camera.

They have their thin rugs on as the nights are getting chilly and luckily for us they are not stabled yet or we would have out daily mucking out chore, first thing in the morning.

Today they are having feed of hay in a balmy 15 degrees. Enjoy the video it might put you into the Christmas spirit, a little early though!







4 comments:

  1. Lovely horses! That video was just too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. There life in the 'old girl' yet !! Bbbrrrrrrrr, snow. Don't even want to think about it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs P. I think they enjoyed the snow even more that us!

    Mandy, did you mean the horse or!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could tell that we’re on the same interest and obsession. Good to know someone I could share my ideas. Looking forward to know and learn some more from you. I'll be glad to share my own thoughts to you soon. Thank you for sharing such valuable articles. More power!

    ReplyDelete

We will not post anonymous comments