Welcome to my blog

I was born in Guernsey (but now live in Brittany) and our main industry was growing tomatoes although that industry has now virtually disappeared. Growing tomatoes to a Guernseyman is like wine to a Frenchman, it's in our blood! I do not profess to be an expert, but I have picked up a few tips and techniques which work for me.


Friday, 6 January 2012

Read about life in France for ex-pats

To while away the long winters months I decided to write a fictional novel about a family moving to France from the UK.



Vantastic France follows the lives of the Taylor family as they sell up in the UK to start a new life in France. Forget the glossed over picture in some books, of this being a carefree time. When funds run out and work is hard to get, it is a totally different scenario and relationships suffer.

The family has its highs and lows, get snubbed  by other snooty ex-pats, that resent them moving into their village. This is real life in France a times, but obviously all my characters are fictional. However, you might recognise some similar traits in people that you might come across. 

I also now have a websites for the book stevebichard.com

The Amazon Kindle e-book Vantastic France by Steve Bichard is available on Amazon.com, UK and FR

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a great read but in order to read it I would have to wrestle his kindle from Nick.....will it be out in paper form any time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean
    The easiest way now to launch a book is a Kindle e-book as it is expensive to self publish and very hard to get a publisher for a new book.
    If the book sells well on Amazon Kindle I will probably go to print, but it will make the book more expensive. I will make it downloadable directly to a pc as a document for those without a Kindle. But I cannot do that straight away as Amazon wants sole rights for 6 weeks in exchange for promoting the e-book harder.

    ReplyDelete

We will not post anonymous comments