Plenty of tomatoes, time to feed.



It has been funny weather this season, we have luckily had a few hot spells, but the start of spring still had some very cold nights. My early tomatoes are looking quite well, the first  few trusses are heavily ladened with fruit. My only worry is that I find the head of the plant is looking a little thin due to all this fruit on the plant, so I will give a high nitrogen feed, as opposed to high potash feed to encourage more foliar growth.
To avoid this slight problem, I could have planted a week or so earlier, which might have given a less compact plant.



Comments

  1. Months and months of consuming those horrid supermarket tomatoes..you are a week or so ahead of me. That sandwich looks good! Almost have my first greenhouse sungold...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We will not post anonymous comments