Welcome to my blog

I was born in Guernsey (but now live in Brittany) and our main industry was growing tomatoes although that industry has now virtually disappeared. Growing tomatoes to a Guernseyman is like wine to a Frenchman, it's in our blood! I do not profess to be an expert, but I have picked up a few tips and techniques which work for me.
PLEASE NOTE due to ill health I have not kept up with this blog, however there is still a lot of information to look at from over the past few years. I will add the odd new post but some videos are missing from old post, I will re-create these one day.


Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Planting out

Well, my shop bought tomato plants were showing their first trusses, so I thought it was time that I planted them out, even though the days are hot, some nights are still getting close to zero in the greenhouse, which is not ideal conditions. My plants were also showing signs of lack of nutrients, so I felt it was a good time to get them in.
The other tomatoes that were sown on 18th  March, are healthy enough, not too leggy, but growing very slowly. I have transplanted most of them into small pots. Here you can see both sets of plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not post anonymous comments