Welcome to my blog

I was born in Guernsey (but now live in Brittany) and our main industry was growing tomatoes although that industry has now virtually disappeared. Growing tomatoes to a Guernseyman is like wine to a Frenchman, it's in our blood! I do not profess to be an expert, but I have picked up a few tips and techniques which work for me.
PLEASE NOTE due to ill health I have not kept up with this blog, however there is still a lot of information to look at from over the past few years. I will add the odd new post but some videos are missing from old post, I will re-create these one day.


Sunday, 22 June 2014

Early June first tomatoes ready to harvest

In the second week of June we harvested our first indoor tomatoes, which I have to say tasted far better than what we had previously been buying from the supermarkets. These are Coeur De Boeuf which are a Beefsteak style of tomato, very flavoursome and wonderful sliced with Mozzarella cheese and a little sea salt and pepper..  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not post anonymous comments